Friday, August 19, 2016

Weekend Geekout




Purchase I’m loving: iPhone 6s+ - Just upgraded from the iPhone 6. Wasn't sure about the larger size, but, boy, am I glad I did it! Fantastic phone - great battery life (compared to the 6) and I find I don't need to carry my iPad or my LG G8 or my Kindle Fire! Now if they will just ship my pre-ordered Textblade and popSlate... 

What I’m listening to (great for thinking/meditating/writing/working): 
MUSICRadio Etiopia. This is such a great podcast find! The compilations are always interesting, diverse and surprising and I find new artists and expressions I would've never otherwise found.
AUDIO: Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History. I just can't recommend this podcast highly enough! Think of it as a post-modern Paul Harvey for nerds & geeks...

What I’m reading: 
Still working on The Water Knife and am enjoying - but not as compelling as The Windup Girl. Also read The Obstacle is the Way and loved it - now reading Ego is the Enemy also by Ryan Holiday. Highly recommended, Recently finished Viet Thanh Nguyen’s The Sympathizer - winner of the 2016 Pulitzer for Literature - and it was fantastic. A riveting, hypnotic journey through Vietnam to America and back. Planning to start a re-read of Invisible Man for a book club read.

Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: