Sunday, July 03, 2016

Weekend Geekout



Weekend Geekout
Person I’m enjoying following Meredith Frost (@meredithfrost) is a news producer & photographer, who is one of the masters of Twitter. She’s a sparse poster, but everyone packs a punch. 

Purchase I’m loving Kiehl’s Facial Fuel - When you work out regularly - and in the sun - and already have dry skin, this product is fantastic to avoid flaking and shedding everywhere I go. 

What I’m listening to (great for thinking/meditating/writing/working) 
Long Ambients by Moby. Moby is giving this away for free and it a great collection of varied moods & sounds. Also, I can’t get enough of the Hamilton soundtrack. Phenomenal.

What I’m reading 
Just finished Viet Thanh Nguyen’s The Sympathizer - winner of the 2016 Pulitzer for Literature - and it was fantastic. A riveting, hypnotic journey through Vietnam to America and back. Also finished His Excellency and started The Water Knife.

Quote I’m pondering
“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.“ - Mike Tyson. On the usefulness of planning, preparation and strategy - and how not to lose that value once the plan encounters first contact with the enemy…

Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

No comments: