- Follow Your Curiosity: "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
- Perseverance is Priceless:"It's not that I'm so smart; it's just that I stay with problems longer."
- Focus on the Present:"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
- The Imagination is Powerful: "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge."
- Make Mistakes: "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
- Live in the Moment: "I never think of the future - it comes soon enough."
- Don't Expect Different Results: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Life Lessons from Albert Einstein
Last year, I enjoyed Walter Isaacson's fantastic biography, Einstein. Like all contemporary (well-done) biographies this one results in the inevitable acknowledgment that even our greatest heroes, too, have feet of clay. And while like any man, there is much of the cautionary tale in Einstein's life, there is also much to learn. Lifehacker had a great guest post by Mr. Self Development compiling a list of key quotes from Einstein that translate into some useful reminders about how to live life. Here are a few excerpts from the post - but read the entire article: