Saturday, May 17, 2008

Right v. Left Brain

Being an engineer, most folks think I would be very left-brained. However, for folks who know me, it turns out I'm not really the "stereotypical" engineer. I tend to be more absent-minded, random, and impulsive.

Since I know these things about myself, and I recognize I work in a world where rule-based practice and thinking are important - and I specifically work in roles that depend upon careful analysis and planning, I build a strong network of "hedges" around myself to ensure my more right-brained tendencies don't become a problem. In other words, I seek a balanced orientation, despite my more natural "right-brained"-leaning propensities. Here are the results of an online right-/left-brain orientation test:



Brain Lateralization Test Results
Right Brain (50%) The right hemisphere is the visual, figurative, artistic, and intuitive side of the brain.
Left Brain (56%) The left hemisphere is the logical, articulate, assertive, and practical side of the brain
Are You Right or Left Brained?
personality tests by similarminds.com

No comments: