Sunday, August 27, 2006

Book Tag

Here goes:

1. One book that changed your life:
Without a doubt The Divine Conspiracy along with just about everything else Dallas Willard has written and I cannot believe Scott Freeman hasn't read it!

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
The Lord of the Rings, Mere Christianity, The Divine Conspiracy, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Dante's Divine Comedy.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook.

4. One book that made you laugh:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Due South (by my friend, Scott Brunner), I Rant, Therefore I Am, America.

5. One book that made you cry:
The Kite Runner.

6. One book you wish had been written:
I've read too many good books to think of better ones to be written!

7. One book you wish had never been written:
Most of the stuff by Deepak Chopra and Tony Robbins.

8. One book you’re currently reading:
Simply Christian, The Ruins, The Language of God, East of Eden.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Life of Pi.

10. Tag five others:
Eric Livingston, Michael Tolleson, Dan Sanders, Jerry Neill, Len Scott

3 comments:

scott said...

I know, I have no excuse for not reading Willard.
I'll read it, if you read Mere Discipleship.

CJR said...

Got it on order...

Len said...

Since I don't have a blog I'll put my answers here:

1. One book that changed your life: The Spirit of the Disciplines, Dallas Willard. I believe that Divine Conspiracy and Renovation of the HEart are probably better, but it was this book that changed me spiritually.

2. One book that you've read more than once: Pain, The Gift Nobody Wants, by Paul Brand and Phillip Yancey. An amazing book by an amazing Christian.

3. Desert Island book: the Bible, Chronicle of Narnia, Lord of the Rings.

4. Book that made you laugh: this is sad, but I can't think of one right now.

5. Book that made you cry: Heaven, by Randy Alcorn

6. Book wish had been written: Len Scott, A Complete Owner's Manual And Repair Guide.

7. Book you wish had never been written: anything Left Behind. These books may have done more damage to Christianity than anything written in the last 30 years.

8. Currently reading: Plan B, Anne Lamott; Renovation of the Heart, Willard; The Rest of God, Buchanan

9. Book been meaning to read: Simply Christian.