Monday, July 10, 2006

Book Notes: The Kite Runner


From my web site:

I picked up this book on the recommendation of a trusted friend. I got the audio version and just finished it in May, 2006.

This book is truly a moving and meaningful experience. I was led through a range of emotional reactions to the characters, the story and, ultimately, to life and the unyielding bedrock of pain, betrayal, injustice and suffering that it is built upon and that binds humanity into brotherhood.

Hosseini's writing is lucid and powerful - not too much not too little. This is the kind of writing that could bridge the gap between the largely inaccessible realm of "literary fiction" (think James Joyce and Ulysses) and popular fiction (think John Grisham or Robert Ludlum).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book name was given to me by my school teacher for the culminating activity. The use of symbolism and irony have really added a flavour in reading this book. The real meaning of guilt and its redemption is depicted. Its one of my favourites. thanks to the author for his wonderful novel.