Thursday, May 04, 2006

When I run, I feel the pleasure of God...

That's a quote from Chariots of Fire, of course, but I did really have a fantastic time running in the Country Music Half-Marathon in Nashville. The weather was perfect (overcast and not too warm) and it is beautiful city.

I finished in 1:50:31 - pretty slow on an absolute scale, but better than the 1:52 target I had! That finish time placed me at 1417th of 14,638 - in the top 10% no less! I felt strong throughout and honestly felt that I could've kept running when I reached the finish line. Could I have run another 13.1? That, as they say, is the 64,000 question!

Longest training run so far has been 18 miles - and that was tough. I travel to Vienna tomorrow and have had to juggle my training schedule to accomodiate intercontintental travel and jet lag. As it turns out, the Vienna Marathon and Half Marathon are this Sunday in Vienna. I've given it some thought....

My scheduled first marathon, as mentioned previously is the Rock 'N Roll Marathon in San Diego on June 4th. I hope I'm up to it!

No comments: