Thursday, May 04, 2006

On a different note, just finished two books.

One was Dean Koontz's Forever Odd, which was moderately entertaining, but I really can't recommend it. Nothing too special about it.

I also read, for a book club of which I'm a part, Elie Wiesel's Night. It's a little embarassing that I've not read this slim volume before now, but I hadn't and now I have. A moving and sobering account. Though I have to say I was more shaken, moved and transformed by Viktor Frankl's Man's Search For Meaning.

I've just started two novels: Margaret Atwood's The Blind Assassin and Khalid Hosseini's The Kite Runner. So far, The Kite Runner has been entrancing. The Blind Assassin hasn't yet captured me, but I have faith in Margaret Atwood. Her Oryx and Crake was a tremendous novel that I heartily recommend to anyone.

No comments: