Sunday, December 18, 2005

The 7's

OK, I don't know where this started or why, but it actually looks kinds of interesting, so I'll join in.  Scott tagged me to fill in the following "Lists of 7":
 
List 7 things to do before I die:
  1. Complete a marathon
  2. Complete triathalon
  3. Raft the Arkansas River in Colorado
  4. Complete a marathon with my daughters
  5. See my daughters find their passion in life and pursue it
  6. Write a book
  7. Attain total consciousness (cf., excellent movie that didn't make the top 7)

List 7 things I cannot (or will not) do:
I guess I don't know how to complete this list! There's not much that I believe I can say with certainty I won't do - though in some cases I may pray and wish to avoid doing or in other cases I have no desire to do.  You can just never tell.


List 7 things that attract me to my spouse:
  1. Her thoughtfulness
  2. Her availability to others
  3. Her laugh
  4. Her beauty
  5. Her temper
  6. Her curiousity
  7. Her ability to make me laugh

List 7 things I say most often:
  1. "What is the punishment for those who have such a spirit? Their punishment is to be as they are." (Ridiculous, I know, but I say it at least weekly - if not to others, then to myself about others)
  2. "Well, that's not good"
  3. "Let's go!"
  4. "...one more mile..." (mostly to myself)
  5. "Just wait and see"
 
List 7 books or series that I love:
  1. Lord of the Rings (trilogy)
  2. Son of Laughter
  3. The Divine Conspiracy
  4. The Great Divorce
  5. The Screwtape Letters
  6. The Brothers Karamozov
  7. The Dark Tower (series)

List 7 movies I would watch over and over again:
  1. Monty Python & The Holy Grail
  2. Raising Arizona
  3. The Mission
  4. Braveheart
  5. The Lord of the Rings (trilogy)
  6. O Brother, Where Are Thou?
  7. The Shawshank Redemption
List seven people I would love to join in (if they haven't already done so):
  1. Jerry Neill
  2. Scott Brunner
  3. Chris Buxton
  4. Chris Benjamin
  5. Tim Melikian
  6. Scott Karnes
  7. Jeff Baker

 

No comments: