Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Podcasting...

OK, I've finally discovered some podcasts actually worth listening to!

First and foremost, let me recommend the Bored-Again Christian. This podcast is a 20-30 minute introduction to "post-contemporary, post-conservative, post-modern" music from Christian artists - unknown, lesser-known or otherwise ignored by the larger "CCM" community. Check it out. You'll be glad you did!

From that podcast, I have discovered Sufjan Stevens - a tremendous breath of fresh air! I downloaded his Illinois from iTunes and have enjoyed each of the 24 tracks I've listened to so far.

2 comments:

scott said...

You are the second person to recommend Sufjan to me today. Alas, he's not available on Rhapsody.
The one tune I heard, "Chicago," is great.

Just Pete said...

Thanks for LISTENING! You guys are awesome. Drop me a line sometime, yo?